Moisture Intrusion and Leak Detection
Is your shower leaking? Do you have a musty, mildrew or mouldy odour in your home? Not sure where it's coming from? Then we can help you.
We can inspect your home and carpet for moisture or find a particular water leak. Moisture can be difficult to locate and moisture damage is the most common form of deterioration for carpets. Wet carpet and in particular carpet underlay takes a long time to dry and becomes the perfect breeding ground for mould and fungi to thrive. Unfortunately any visible signs of moisture in carpeting won't show up until extensive damage has been done.
Undetected leaking showers are a major source of moisture in carpet. If the walls of a shower are shared with a carpeted room, the risk of moisture is high. Having your carpet inspected can detect a small problem which can be rectified before it becomes a big problem with an even bigger price tag. Other causes of moisture in carpets are pet urine, accidental spills, condensation, plumbing leaks, flooding and other forms of moisture intrusion.
During our Moisture Inspection of the Carpet we can:
- Detect any moisture
- Trace any moisture back to its source
- Evaluate the extent and degree of water damage
The possible consequences of Moisture left undetected and unresolved for a long period of time:
- Permanently damaged carpet and underlay
- Mould and bacteria growth on carpet, underlay and subfloor
- Health problems related to mould spores and bacteria growth
- Wood decay in timber subflooring
- Rotting skirting boards and door frames
- Other damage at site of moisture intrusion or water leak
Whether your a home owner, investor or just about to buy your first home, having your carpet and home inspected for moisture could potentialy save your home from extensive damage and expensive repairs.
Our Inspector is a Certified Thermographer specialising in Moisture Detection and has the following Qualifications.
- The Australian & New Zealand Institute of Infrared Thermography - Infrared Thermography Practitioner Certification.
- Infrared Certified Training - International Association of Certified Home Inspectors - "Thermal Imaging and Building Science" .
- International Association of Certified Home Inspectors - How to Inspect for Moisture Intrusion.
Book now for a Thermal Imaging Moisture Intrusion Inspection
Call today on 0411 451 130