Infrared thermography allows us to see what the naked eye cannot. Our Thermographic or Infrared Camera detects the infrared energy emitted, transmitted or reflected by all things and produces an image that would otherwise be unseen by the naked eye.
Moisture Intrusion and Leak Detection
We are using the latest technology in Thermal Imaging Cameras to detect and locate moisture problems in your home or business. Thermal Imaging is non-invasive and can identify problems early before becoming serious and expensive to repair. Moisture or water ingress is the number one cause of damage and deterioration to homes and buildings.
By the time any visual damage of moisture intrusion is seen by the naked eye, such as staining, mould growth or deterioration of building materials, extensive damage may have already occurred. In most cases water intrusion or moisture has been occurring for some time before becoming obvious.
A thermal scan can:
- Locate moist areas that can lead to serious mould and health issues
- Locate sources of moisture ingress
- Determine the extent of moisture intrusion
- Trace the path of moisture intrusion to other affected areas
- Examine areas not visible to the naked eye
- Provide a visual record and image of moisture ingress
- Detect moisture without direct contact or invasive procedures
We can detect water leaks or leaky pipes in the following areas:
- Hot or cold water pipes
- In walls or floors
- In and around the bathroom, shower, toilet, kitchen and laundry
We can detect and trace the following:
- The source of your leaky roof or ceiling
- Other sources of water intrusion and damage not visible to the naked eye
Our Inspector is a Certified Thermographer specialising in Moisture Detection and has the following Qualifications.
- The Australian & New Zealand Institute of Infrared Thermography - Infrared Thermography Practitioner Certification.
- Infrared Certified Training - International Association of Certified Home Inspectors - "Thermal Imaging and Building Science" .
- International Association of Certified Home Inspectors - How to Inspect for Moisture Intrusion.
Book now for a Thermal Imaging Moisture Intrusion Inspection
Call today on 0411 451 130
“We just wanted to thank you so much for your infrared testing of our bathroom to check for the source of the leak. Your test has saved us thousands of dollars. Before you conducted your test we had a number of quotes from different plumbers and builders who could not identify the source of the leak and they had suggested that we would need to remove the tiles from the wall to expose the water pipes to be able to fix the problem. With your test you were able to identify that it was in fact just a minor replacement of a washer and ring in the tap.
We have recommended your service to a number of people and believe that all people should have such a test undertaken before agreeing to go down a very expensive path that may not be required.
We are very grateful.”
Regards Fiona and Peter